Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Buying rf1?

Last updated on 15 years ago
D
Can RF1 be bought out? Or if THQ could be convinced if they could be convinced to open source RF? It cant be worth much now. It's just I don't think THQ is a cool enough company to open source some of their stuff like ID software is.
It would be awesome if the id Tech 5 engine could be stuck in it.
Cupid
I highly doubt it. Hapa told me that one of his buddies who still works at THQ still take full responsibility for the Red Faction series and thus Red Faction 1.

So I doubt THQ would ever be bought or an open source.
D
That sucks, What about a multiplayer clone like pf except with a better graphics engine? Something with bump, specular, and parallax mapping using an opengl engine to keep it multi platform.
Sleipnar
You mean a Red Faction complete conversion mod of Red Faction?
The number one cause of death is loss of life.
i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt227/Sleipnar/desert3.jpg
D
somehting like that, except with a better graphics engine. I was talking about upgrading the textures with some more advanced stuff for now. RF engine has got to be close to the bottom of the list compared to all the free ones floating around now.
G
I'd do it, and I've even got the resources to do it... all that I'd need would be... erm... THQ to give up the copyrights on all of RFs textures and sounds. Is that going to happen?
Word
I don't think that RF1 is for sale, since they are making Red Faction Guerrilla and if the first one wasn't owned by THQ it would be strange...
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Moderators
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.
N
nesquickk6 months ago
hi again. did the shoutbox get deleted, hahahaa
PraeTorian
PraeTorian11 months ago
Dang, been a while. Hope the Voltz peeps are all doing well. -Prae
Cupid
Cupid4 years ago
Yes.
P