Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Serious question

Last updated on 14 years ago
E

CJ wrote:
I think Shark said it nicely in his post.

It's an interesting theory and may turn out to be true in the future but it isn't fact as yet. There just isn't the proof to back up his extrapolations as far as new species goes.

Easy I know you said you didn't want a religous debate but i'll just ask this question anyway, if you don't want to answer thats fine, i respect your beliefs.

Do you believe the creation idea as written in the bible or do you have your own/a different interpretation of it?

As in the Bible.

easy on me wrote:

CJ wrote:
I think Shark said it nicely in his post.

It's an interesting theory and may turn out to be true in the future but it isn't fact as yet. There just isn't the proof to back up his extrapolations as far as new species goes.

Easy I know you said you didn't want a religous debate but i'll just ask this question anyway, if you don't want to answer thats fine, i respect your beliefs.

Do you believe the creation idea as written in the bible or do you have your own/a different interpretation of it?

As in the Bible.

we've actually been on this Earth since day one? Did Adam and Eve have a belly button? If the forbidden fruit wasn't eaten, would women not menstruate?

What is the bibles answer to these? And what is the bibles answer to who created God? Also, if creation exists, do things get created on a day to day basis. Or do you believe, the Earth and everything was created in about a week? If so, do you believe humans were on the Earth from day one?
C
Didn't even see that link >.<

Here is another link that i read last night.

http://www.mormonsandscience.com/1/po...-fact.html

I'm looking for proof of other species. You can't just say other species don't matter, thats the whole point of evolution. It's meant to explain how human beings came into existence. If you say other species dont matter then we still have the unanswered question of how human beings came into existence. Which means the total theory of evolution is not fact.

You did state *Evolution is a fact, easily proven.* But nothing you have said or linked proves evolution in full without any doubt. The reason you can't is because it isn't possible to do so with our current scientific knowledge.

It's a matter of time with our current technology and scientific understanding, and we simply havn't had the time to conclusively prove it as fact. There is not one shred of evidence from what i have read over the last 2 nights to prove that any species has evolved into another species in the macro world. If it is out there and i havn't found please link it to me.

As i said before i do believe in the idea of evolution and i would love to see proof. The proof would be fascinating reading for me. But until we have that smoking gun so to speak, it's a very valid theory but not fact.

CJ wrote:
Didn't even see that link >.<

Here is another link that i read last night.

http://www.mormonsandscience.com/1/po...-fact.html

"Welcome to the Religion and Science (R&S) Blog."

CJ wrote:
I'm looking for proof of other species. You can't just say other species don't matter, thats the whole point of evolution. It's meant to explain how human beings came into existence.

I gave proof of other species, why do you keep bringing the human into it? Lol. My argument isn't about us...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source...+evolution

CJ wrote:
If you say other species dont matter then we still have the unanswered question of how human beings came into existence.

Irrelevant, not what my argument was about.

CJ wrote:
You did state *Evolution is a fact, easily proven.* But nothing you have said or linked proves evolution in full without any doubt. The reason you can't is because it isn't possible to do so.

Wrong, my link did. You just don't know the literal definition of evolution. Either that or you're too busy focussing on what I didn't say, to absorb what I did.

CJ wrote:
It's a matter of time with our current technology and scientific understanding, and we simply havn't had the time to conclusively prove it as fact. There is not one shred of evidence from what i have read over the last 2 nights to prove that any species has evolved into another species in the macro world. If it is out there and i havn't found please link it to me.

Strawman.

CJ wrote:
As i said before i do believe in the idea of evolution and i would love to see prove. The proof would be fascinating reading for me. But until we have that smoking gun so to speak, it's a very valid theory but not fact.

I gave proof that virus' can evolve into different species. I never claimed that we came from fish, apes, whatever. Re-read.

You won't win an argument from ad nauseum.
E
Read the frst chapter of the Bible philip. That will tell you the answers to as many of those questions you asked me as i can give. As i said. Im not interested in going into a religious debate. Ive had enough of them over the years to know that it never comes out in anything other than a big argument with evolutionists saying total bullshit and counting it as a win.

easy on me wrote:
Read the frst chapter of the Bible philip. That will tell you the answers to as many of those questions you asked me as i can give. As i said. Im not interested in going into a religious debate. Ive had enough of them over the years to know that it never comes out in anything other than a big argument with evolutionists saying total bullshit and counting it as a win.

If I read other sources, I literally have no reason to communicate with any of you. The same goes to Nick, Digi, etc.

As for total bullshit, most of what you write is total bullshit. Believing that someone created something, without proof, is total bullshit.

Asking questions = religious debate. Ok.
C
*I gave proof that virus' can evolve into different species. I never claimed that we came from fish, apes, whatever. Re-read.

You won't win an argument from ad nauseum.*

When i asked for proof i was talking about how humans and pretty much all species came to be here, i did not state that specifically but thats where my train of thought was comming from. Guess we've been going down two different paths this whole time :D

Guess we can agree to disagree about this one for the time being. Although i did enjoy the debate :) I never looked at this as an argument.

CJ wrote:

I gave proof that virus' can evolve into different species. I never claimed that we came from fish, apes, whatever. Re-read.

You won't win an argument from ad nauseum.

When i asked for proof i was talking about how humans and pretty much all species came to be here, i did not state that specifically but thats where my train of thought was comming from. Guess we've been going down two different paths this whole time :D

Guess we can agree to disagree about this one for the time being. Although i did enjoy the debate :)

Usually when someone asks to agree to disagree, it's like saying "I'm wrong, but I'm going to pretend to reach neutral ground".

I am not going to agree to disagree, because you were wrong. I agree you've been on about a different thing.

Philip wrote:
Evolution can be proven.

CJ wrote:
That statement doesnt prove evolution. If it is proven i would like to read about it, got a link that provides the proof?

No mention of humans there.

This thread is just a troll thread if you didn't notice by the way, lol.

Peace
C
Hmm you changed a few things in the time it took me to re-read your posts and links, I'm sure you said before that you showed proof of virus' changing into new species, but by the time i got back i couldn't see that in your last edited post. I might be wrong about that but i'm pretty sure i saw it.

Anyway as a result of re-reading your links it doesn't say anywhere in them about the virus becoming a new species.
C
*This thread is just a troll thread if you didn't notice by the way, lol.

Don't throw that in there now :(
Posted on 27-10-2010 01:04
Edited by Philip on 27-10-2010 01:30

Your next reply:
Posted on 27-10-2010 21:30

E
No phil, but when you dont like the answers i give it has a high chance of becoming one.
And believing the big bang or any other theory is just as stupid, if you will, as believing in God and creation.... There is no proof at all for how we got here. None of us was there.

easy on me wrote:
No phil, but when you dont like the answers i give it has a high chance of becoming one.
And believing the big bang or any other theory is just as stupid, if you will, as believing in God and creation.... There is no proof at all for how we got here. None of us was there.

Pestilence wrote:
I agree what was that other thoery people are always debating explains life and all the changes?

Philip wrote:
Big bang theory: The theory behind an event which lead to the formation of the universe.

easy on me wrote:
There is no proof at all for how we got here. None of us was there.

And what has that got to do with anything?

I didn't say I believe in anything; I just named the theory ;P. Therefore, with that analogy, I am not stupid.
lain
You are god. Come off it.

Concerned Parent wrote:
You are god. Come off it.

That I believe. I just have to find some people to make a stupid book... If something gets out of hand, like loads of gays show up at the local MALL. I'll have to get some more people to make another book.

Damnit, what a load of hassle.

(not actually a homophobe, I hope someone understands this post).
C
For me this was never about who's right and who's wrong. I just enjoyed the debate. Made me think, question and seek more information. Let's keep it going! :)
I don't have the relevant information to form an opinion about most things. So I do not "believe" in anything, as such. I just stay open minded.

I would like to know about what religious people think... The questions I asked, further up the thread. Maybe someone else can answer if Easyonme doesn't want to.

C
Save me from scrolling and post them again please and i'll put my *if i was a christian* suit on and give it my best try :)

Throughout his early work, Hawking used the word "God" in metaphorical meanings but also suggested the existence of God was unnecessary to explain the origin of the universe, as discussed in A Brief History of Time.[53] However, his newest book The Grand Design, as well as interviews with the Telegraph and the Channel 4 documentary Genius of Britain, clarify that he does "not believe in a personal God."[54] Hawking writes, "The question is: is the way the universe began chosen by God for reasons we can't understand, or was it determined by a law of science? I believe the second." Hawking adds, "Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing."

:o

The questions were:

If you believe in creation, who created God?

we've actually been on this Earth since day one? Did Adam and Eve have a belly button? If the forbidden fruit wasn't eaten, would women not menstruate?

What is the bibles answer to these? And what is the bibles answer to who created God? Also, if creation exists, do things get created on a day to day basis. Or do you believe, the Earth and everything was created in about a week? If so, do you believe humans were on the Earth from day one?
E
Ok if you werent posting simply to get my answers and then start arguing about them, if you are going to takr my answers and work WITH them and not simply say its all wrong, im willing to answer. At the time, it was looking very much like i would simply be told it was all wrong, and why. With stupid answers such as fossils formed over millions of years.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Moderators
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.
N
nesquickk2 months ago
hi again. did the shoutbox get deleted, hahahaa
PraeTorian
PraeTorian6 months ago
Dang, been a while. Hope the Voltz peeps are all doing well. -Prae
Cupid
Cupid4 years ago
Yes.
P