Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

Rf User map question

Last updated on 13 years ago
Bouch
Ok, here's the deal. I bought a 500gb external hard drive a while back and I just recently clean installed XP back on my laptop. I saved my entire RF directory to the external. Now, I want to put RF back on my laptop but not the user maps.

Is there any way to have RF on the internal HD and the user maps on the external HD and still be able to load the maps from the external?

Like for example, I reinstall RF back on my laptop. But instead of putting all the user multi-player maps back in the user map folder in RF directory on my C: drive, I leave them in a folder on my external hard drive. But when I join a server running a user made map, it loads the map off the external HD instead of loading it from the user map folder on the internal hd..

Does that make since??
img84.imageshack.us/img84/1103/myvoltzlogo2.jpg
Danny
Well assuming thE external drive would be on hand, then why not move all of rf to the external? If you have a cd version, I'd be happy to create a secure Dropbox with a fully operational no disk version.
i27.lulzimg.com/de3567e957.gif
Bouch
I mean, I can play RF from the external drive but the only problem is it lags a bit.. I want to reinstall RF back on my laptop and just have my user maps on the external so I don't have to put 3gigs of maps back on my computer.
img84.imageshack.us/img84/1103/myvoltzlogo2.jpg
E
Try making a shortcut in your RF folder to the usermaps in the external hdd. Not saying it will work, but worth a try.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Moderator: Moderators
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.
N
nesquickk2 months ago
hi again. did the shoutbox get deleted, hahahaa
PraeTorian
PraeTorian6 months ago
Dang, been a while. Hope the Voltz peeps are all doing well. -Prae
Cupid
Cupid4 years ago
Yes.
P